[pct-l] Pct-l Digest, Vol 5, Issue 40

SidsElliott at aol.com SidsElliott at aol.com
Wed May 14 08:23:13 CDT 2008

In a message dated 5/14/2008 9:13:46 AM Eastern Daylight Time,

Message:  7
Date: Tue, 13 May 2008 19:21:05 -0700
From: Halfmile  <halfmile at pctmap.net>
Subject: Re: [pct-l] Camping Stove
To:  "Pacific Crest Trail List"  <pct-l at backcountry.net>

Just curious, has anyone tried the  bushbuddy  stove?

http://www.bushbuddy.ca/indexs.html

-Halfmile

I am beginning my hike on the PCT next week, and will be taking my  Bushbuddy
stove.  I went back and forth between that and my Pocket  Rocket.  I've also
used alcohol (Brasslite, Pepsi can), but have never  really cared for them
(just a personal preference).

I have a couple of pictures of the Bushbuddy on my journal over  at postholer
(_www.postholer./ellie_ (http://www.postholer./ellie) ),  with a few
comments.  I carry some backup Esbit tabs to use in locations  where I cannot have
fires, or the risk is too high.  I'll try and include  some updates as I hike to
let you know how it is working out on the PCT.

Ellie

favorites at AOL Food.