[pct-l] Help needed to forward pack from Idlyllwild to Seattle

Rob Langsdorf mctrob at yahoo.com
Fri May 9 14:30:02 CDT 2008

Philippa Nye <philippanye at yahoo.com> has been having
trouble getting this posted on the PCT-L. Please respond to
her if you can help her get her pack back to Seattle.

I am hoping that some generous thru or trail angel near
Idyllwild can help me out -- hopefully I can return the
favor sometime.  Here is my dilemma.  I was in the group
that had to exit quickly from the PCT when the Apache Peak
fire started.  In my haste I left my pack on the ridge --
in hindsight I would make a different decision but at the
time I just wanted to get out fast.  It luckily survived
the fire and the forest service brought it down to the
Idyllwild Ranger Station.  They won't mail it to me, so I
need some help to get it back to Seattle, where I live.  If
someone is in Idlyllwild with time you could pack it up and
send it USPS from there, and I could pay you back.
Unfortunately they won't bill me or do COD.  The other
possibility is if someone has a car they could take it to
the UPS or FedEx store in Hemet and the mail store people
could package it up and send it.  In that case I can pay
the mail store directly for the mailing.

If someone would do this for me I would be eternally
grateful, and you are hiking in Washington later this
summer, I will be your personal trail angel.  Rides into
town, a steak dinner delivered to the trailhead of your
choice, whatever would be helpful I'd be happy to do it.

Thanks,
    Philippa