[pct-l] TR: Islip Saddle - Angeles high country snow

pct-l at mattmaxon.com pct-l at mattmaxon.com
Fri May 9 11:36:48 CDT 2008

I went on a hike yesterday 5/8 that included a portion of the PCT from
Islip Saddle to Mt Williamson summit trail.

The snow on Baden-Powell is confined to the north side / facing slopes.

The area we hiked was cross country from Mt Williamson to "Boxcar
Ridge", there was large patches of snow on the north facing areas but
these where easily avoided  , hence we needed no Ice Axes etc...

We couldn't descend the north side of "Boxcar Ridge" because of large
amounts of snow which would have made descending the 45°+ slope
hazardous without mountaineering gear. But there was plenty to see on
the south side.

Have Fun...Be safe
Trail90

----