[pct-l] More break through hiker news

Hiker97 hiker97 at aol.com
Tue May 6 01:13:11 CDT 2008

Unsupported JMT Reinhold writes: It may also help  keep the dreaded  ''MHD''  (Moronic Hiking Disorder) at bay.
Brought on by to many nights at high altitude, which results in oxygen depravation which in turn causes brain cells to die, giving rise to a condition known in medical circles as  ''Moronic Hiking Disorder''....frequently associated with long distance hiking....can be fatal if left untreated.  Only known cure....total abstention from hiking.  Many long distance hikers suffer from this dreadful disorder.  One only needs to look as far as Switchback to know that is so.  Poor fellow.... he thinks sacking innocent hikers is normal.....we know better.....we know it is  ''MHD''.
Switchback replies: Say, FYI, my legs have been feeling better lately.  I might start hiking again up in the mountains at the 8,000 foot level.  This is the only cure for MHD ---- hiking.  If you really want to go all the way, then you have to sack a few trailtowns.  This involves arriving at the nearest AYCE salad bars and saloons.  Hot pizza and cold brews with your hiking bros are your aphrodisiac.  Empty salad bar food pans are your signature of passage.  Yes, it is great to be a long distance hiker and dream of trailtowns on the trail and dream of the trail in trailtowns.  Don't ask me to explain it.  It is just the way it is.