[pct-l] Rude behavior in Warner Springs

Donna Saufley dsaufley at sprynet.com
Fri May 2 16:18:25 CDT 2008

My view has been that the trail is the great purifier.  It can change
peoples' outlooks and their inner being profoundly.  It can be life
altering. I can always tell someone who has been on the trail a long time
versus a short time by what they talk about.

Under this view, people who are still down in Section A are still being
tempered by the trail.  The trail hasn't had a chance to work its magic on
them yet. But it will.  It is the Great Equalizer.  All the labels and views
that they held onto before the trail will be challenged out there, as they
all become merely stinky, dirty, hiker trash -- then they will attain the
highest form of human enlightenment.

Give them time . . . if they're still asses when they get to Skykomish, then
there's probably no hope for them.

L-Rod