[pct-l] Trail Fest to all rookies and attendees

jomike at cot.net jomike at cot.net
Mon Mar 31 10:39:34 CDT 2008

I too attended Trail fest and was so delighted to be there among fellow pct lovers. I also volunteered to work the Registration table two times during Saturday. What a treat...that's the place to be to meet all sorts of good folks.

I am glad Trail Fest was such a positive experience for you. I would be doing you a dis-service if I failed to mention the ADZ the end of April. It is on a much larger scale and an even larger experience in-so-far as thru hikers, information about the trail, gear, food, etc., multitude of personalities, sensational stories, venders, food and the list keeps going. Hopefully you'll be able to attend the ADZ also, regardless and to being a thru hiker or not.

Might I use this forum to mention, I've never understood the controversy about attending one or the other. The ADZ and Trail Fest are both about the PCT, the people who hike and support it, trail angels, gear (always gear!), etc. They are at different times, thank heavens, but both quintessential the PCT.Neither is better than the other; neither is more significant than the other and both are beneficial. How lucky we are to have two such events to attend.This is NOT to start any arguments as to merit of either event, or personal agendas. Let's NOT go there again.

are we there yet