[pct-l] Favorite trail meals/food

t.n. turner barnumbaileypdx at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 25 14:57:10 CDT 2008

My most favorite meal was actually beans and rice with tortillas. I used dehydrated pinto beans, Uncle Ben's brown rice and who ever's tortillas I could buy. Although Fantastic Foods Sloppy Joe with rice or just on tortillas, yummy too!! I did do Taboulie for lunch a couple times which was nice, but not filling enough so I would supplement with cheese (oh I use soy/almond cheese, lasts longer). But I got real tired of hummus, too dry even with a bunch of olive oil in it. Ooh I did have a mash potato and gravy meal that I liked very much once, never could duplicate it. Don't know what kind of potatoes or gravy mix I used that night, damn wish I could!
I didn't like the pasta side dish things that others would buy and make and I didn't eat any ramen at all, but then that was a goal - no ramen on the pct. I have bought some egg noodles to try this year on my 1000 mile finish, so I don't know how they will be, but they have a lot of calories and I thought they might work out. (I found thin ones, not the big fat ones)
Okay, that's about it for my food tastes, but I like the basic, simple things and don't tire easily of having the same thing every other day or so!
tammy