[pct-l] campfires while hiking...

cvano at tmail.com cvano at tmail.com
Mon Mar 24 11:33:05 CDT 2008

No need for a campfire in most circumstances.  If there is, use sticks
no larger than a pencil and keep the overall size smaller than a coffee
cup saucer.  With this 'micro-fire' you still have a fire.  You can cook
on it, warm yourself and tent, but use far less wood and leave much less
trace.  I learned this in Korea where there is no firewood.  C