[pct-l] Nuts/Granola in mail drops

Tom Weir tom_d_w at hughes.net
Sun Mar 23 13:28:32 CDT 2008

Eric,

I vacuum bagged nuts and granola before I started my hike.  I never had any
of it go bad.  Granola has some sharp pieces, so sometimes the bags would
lose their seal.  Even then the granola stayed fresh.  The nuts never leaked
or went bad.  I only used raw nuts.  I believe that helps.  Roasted nuts go
rancid faster.  A good source of raw nuts is Bob
<http://www.bobsredmill.com/> 's Red Mill.  They make some pretty good
granola too.

Tom