[pct-l] Umbrella areas north of High Sierra?

Eric Payne vaporjourney at gmail.com
Sat Mar 22 15:34:47 CDT 2008

I'm planning to ditch my umbrella in the High Sierra in favor of a visor and
bandana combination (maybe Sunday Afternoons hat) for *when* I fall on the
slopes and don't wanna ruin the umbrella.  When would be a good time to get
the umbrella back?  I know there are some more exposed and DRY sections like
the Hat Creek Rim further north, so where would an umbrella be really
beneficial *consistently *in this area, and get rid of the visor?