[pct-l] 2008 Resupply recommendations, please

Laraine Downer larainekate at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 22 14:59:49 CDT 2008

Well, I've got a lot of boxes partially-filled and am getting confused between Yogi's book, the PCTA pre-addressed labels and my past experience.  I do plan to resupply the whole way because of various dietary restrictions/preferences and thought before I drive all these people crazy with one more call from a hiker, that I'd ask the list, especially '07 hikers, as to details for these resupply locations:

  Walker Pass - Onyx/Lake Isabella? (Is best recommendation to just haul enough food from Tehachapi to get to Kennedy Meadows - or - to hitch to Onyx/Lake Isabella? and I see there's good bus service & recommendation is to go on to Lake Is.)

  Kennedy Meadows campground/store? (I guess they recently sold, any current info.?)

  Vermillion Valley? (I just checked their website, says they do accept hiker packages - but I note very negative comments in Yogi's book)

  Belden? (are Laurie & Brenda Braaten still local trail angels?)

  Burney Falls State Park (I saw previous posting re. being careful cause PCTA labels were to p.o., NOT state park (which is UPS only)

  Callahan's? - (Are they still accepting hiker packages?)

  Ollalie Lake? (I guess they're not accepting hiker packages any more.)

  Snoqualmie Pass? (Does it work best to ask Postmaster to "Please hold up front at the Chevron"?

  Skykomish? - Are the Dinsmore's still local trail angels?

  I'd very much appreciate any current info. you have AND be seeing many of you on the trail - SOON!

  Ladeda
  Laraine