[pct-l] Protecting Food?

Kathleen Salmon ksalmon at wesleyan.edu
Sat Mar 22 12:49:15 CDT 2008

Hello all,

I'm sure a number of you will groan at this question...I tried looking for
the answer on the archive...no luck.

Is anyone taking a indestructible food bag to guard against little
critters before the Sierras? I know some people sleep with food in the
tent...

How will people protect their food after they finish with their bear can?
Lightweight bear hang?

At my wilderness school I've only protected my food by making a bear hang
with a pack and a heavy rope. So, I'm new at this.

As always, I appreciate all your advice and look forward to meeting you at
the kickoff!

Kathleen