[pct-l] Solar charges

jomike at cot.net jomike at cot.net
Sat Mar 22 10:53:32 CDT 2008

I can't help but wonder as to how often we'll be reading these types of Q and A. It is the norm for anyone under 30 (40?) to be the onwer of at least one, and usually more, of the the above mentioned "gadget". But then there are the exceptions: my husband gave me an iPod touch for my 60th birthday  :)

are we there yet

Im hiking with a Freeloader solar charger this year, its a neat
little device that has onboard batteries it charges so you can
utilize the power when you like, i have purchased it with the AA/AAA
battery adapter that will charge my pocketmail/camera/mp3 batteries,
it has all the normal attachments included that power ipods and
cellfones etc. The cool trick of the AA/AAA battery unit is that it
has an ultrabright led in it so it doubles as a torch...1 item 2 uses
etc. All up weight including AA/AAA charger/torch is 150 grams.
Product info at www.solartechnology.co.uk - i bought mine in NZ but
someone must be reselling these in the U.S