[pct-l] logistical planning question

Laura Fox laura.fox at yale.edu
Wed Mar 19 15:47:45 CDT 2008

Hi! :)

I am trying to figure out the logistics of my hike, there's one thing
I am having trouble with.  I have to take an exam sometime between
the 12th and the 23rd (see, I'm going to be starting my hike before I
actually finish school ...).  I can take the exam at any time during
that period, but I guess I'd prefer earlier so I have buffer time in
case something doesn't work out.   I would probably want a zero day
to study beforehand.  The exam will probably take 3 or 4 hours,
during which I'll need a computer with reliable internet access.  If
necessary I can mail myself my laptop and use wireless somewhere. It
looks like Big Bear City, Wrightwood, or Agua Dulce are the towns I
might be near during that time period.  Does anybody know if it would
be possible/practical to take my exam in one of those towns?  Or
should I go into LA for a few days?  If I should go to LA, any
suggestions on where to go in LA?  One way or another, I have to take
that exam, even if I have to stay in an expensive hotel to do it.

Many thanks for any and all suggestions!!

Also, I just started an online journal which has one entry so far.
It probably won't be the most exciting or frequently updated trail
journal around (I don't plan to carry a Blackberry or iPhone or
PocketGadgetThingy to update from), but I figured I'd share anyway:
http://postholer.com/flora.aux

Laura