[pct-l] Campfire permit for California

Craig Rice rice.craig at comcast.net
Wed Mar 12 20:34:36 CDT 2008

> California campfire permits are available at any Cal Fire (Formerly
> California Dept. of Forestry), USFS, or BLM fire stations or admin
> offices.. I believe there is a Cal Fire station in Campo and also
> one in Warner Springs.

You can also get them via fax...

http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/mendocino/passespermits/campfire/

and at the bottom of the PCTA.org "Permits" is a link to a .pdf which
appears to have been pre-approved by Brent Skaggs, Fire Management
Officer,  FS/SQF

http://www.pcta.org/planning/before_trip/permits.asp

Note: while called a "campfire permit" it is actually a "fire of any
kind" permit. You are required to have one in CA if you're using camp
stoves.