[pct-l] Conspiracy to Pillage and/or Plunder in Warner Springs

montypct montypct at gmail.com
Wed Mar 12 13:59:50 CDT 2008

Local law enforcement  received this photograph yesterday of a man suspected of conspiring to pillage and/or plunder a large Oak tree on the Warner Springs Loop of the Pacific Crest Trail.
See Photo: http://www.trailjournals.com/photos.cfm?id=299294&back=1
He was described as resembling a Trail Pirate and carrying a large empty backpack.
The man approached the tree, took out a measuring tape, measured the tree, then measured the backpack, then the tree again, and then the backpack.
Authorities suspect that after measuring the tree and the backpack that the suspect determined he needed a bigger backpack and moved on.  Although nothing was actually stolen, they say this does constitute conspiracy to Pillage and/or Plunder.
>From a reliable source we have been notified that a SWAT team operation will be in effect to apprehend this suspected Trail Pirate in the main dining room of the Warner Ranch on the evening of April 23rd and question him for Conspiracy to Steal a Large Tree.
Notice that the word "Piracy" is cleverly hidden inside the word "Conspiracy".

By coincidence, I will be there having dinner with my buddy Switchback, who, by another coincidence, is also a Trail Pirate (same as the suspect).  What are the odds of that happening the same night as the SWAT team operation and that the suspect is also a Trail Pirate?

Why am I sending emails like this.  I need to get some work done.

Warner Springs Monty
Pacific Crest Trail 2650 Miles .....Again.....and Again
Sign my Guestbook
www.trailjournals.com/monty