[pct-l] Poison Oak

Tortoise Tortoise73 at charter.net
Mon Mar 10 20:00:22 CDT 2008

One point often not mentioned with regards to PO.

you can go a long time without being sensitive (ie allergic) to PO.
then one exposure/rub you become sensitized and likely won't be aware.
the next time, you are likely to have a big reaction.

this is my experience.
I now carry a prescription cortisone ointment to apply to the rash when it
first comes on. I've carried TechNu and Zantel but haven't used them to
know how they work for me.

as others mentioned, you can get the oil on your clothes or gear, then
"catch" the PO from contact with that stuff too.

Tortoise

<> He who finishes last, wins! <>