[pct-l] Thru-Hikers & Trail Work Projects

Donna Saufley dsaufley at sprynet.com
Sat Mar 1 12:13:41 CST 2008

The trail crew typically does a project near Lake Morena at KO time.  There
was only one thru-hiker who worked the project the last time I attended.
Can’t speak to how many go out during ADZ and help since then.

In ’05 we hosted Pete Fish’s trail crew here near the season’s peak.  We
tried to recruit hikers to go worth with them – the dare being thrown down
that no one could outwork (then) 79 year old Doris Peddy.  There were three
takers.  Two couldn’t keep up at all, and one of them barely could.  She’s
82 now, still doing trail work, and can still kick the sorry behinds of
people a fraction of her age.   She’s one of my personal heroes.

L-Rod

   _____