[pct-l] I think the herd is . . . Two more cents (I had change left)

Freiman, Paul pfreiman at ucsd.edu
Sat Mar 1 00:26:56 CST 2008

First of all, I don't like being associated with a cow (herd).  I think we should call the "herd" a "gaggle" instead.  I don't mind being associated with a goose.  In fact, I enjoy it.  Second of all, the only time (as Gumby points out) that the gaggle is a "problem" is at the trail angel's house.  Here is the solution: I say we can only spend 4 hours at any angel's house.  That way no one bunches up.  Too drastic?  Ok, 5 hours or as long as no more than 8 people bunch (or gaggle).  I personally love my hiking brothers and sisters and don't see a problem, but if other people see a problem there must be a problem.
Capt Bivy