[pct-l] (no subject)

Ellen Shopes igellen at comcast.net
Sat Jun 28 08:40:53 CDT 2008

I'm 50-something, not a stud-ette.  20+ miles in a day isn't bad, depending
on the elevation change, water availability, and quality of the trail (if
there is one!).  At a leisurely pace, it works out to 10 hours of hiking
time.  There's time to stop and smell the roses, but not to linger.  I think
the real issue is more how successive days of 20+ miles will impact you.