[pct-l] Bear Cannisters or not

Gary Wright gwtmp01 at mac.com
Thu Jun 26 17:53:34 CDT 2008

On Jun 26, 2008, at 6:34 PM, Postholer wrote:

>> the Rangers are the law enforcement out there. You
>> will NOT win if you try to argue a point with them.
>
> Like I've said in every post, if you CHOOSE not to carry a canister
> you must
> accept the responsibility that goes with it. Why would you argue if
> you were
> clearly in the wrong? Be polite, accept your citation and get back
> on the
> trail after they've left.

I think it is great that you are willing to accept your punishment,
but the principle of civil disobedience is all about advocating for a
change in a law that you think is unwarranted or unjust.  It sounds
to me that you are simply gambling that you won't be fined. Do you
really believe that human/bear interactions will be improved if
everyone goes sans-canister in these particular problem areas?

Radar