[pct-l] Scary stuff ahead

Will Hiltz will.hiltz at gmail.com
Wed Jun 25 01:05:18 CDT 2008

Hi All-

If you're approaching Sonora Pass from the south there is a trail that cuts
down to the road and avoids the last part that can be icy up on the ridge.
I'm sorry that I can't remember the name of the trail, but its a right turn
off the trail just past the 1000 mile mark on the PCT.  I believe the turn
is at a bridge (might be the W. Walker River bridge).  There is one hairy
ford following this trail but other than that it is easy grade and downhill
all the way to the road.  You end up about 10-15 miles down the road to
Bridgeport west of Sonora Pass.  Maybe someone who knows about this can
chime in with the name of the turnoff trail...

YITOOD,

Easy