[pct-l] Clover Fire Detour

Donna "L-Rod" Saufley dsaufley at sprynet.com
Sun Jun 22 15:47:53 CDT 2008

To date, there is nothing official to impede your arrival northbound from Walker Pass to Kennedy Meadows.  The Clover Fire is north of Kennedy Meadows.  I know nothing about the Monache Jeep or Jackass trails, other than they go around the existing fire footprint and wind up at the PCT north somewhere in Monache Meadows.  If you plan to continue north from Kennedy Meadows, you really have no choice at this time except to take either alternate.

Mr. Mumbles did this section last weekend, when they were allowed to hike through the fire on the PCT, and made it through just fine. The conditions and access has been getting updated daily, and it is difficult to predict exactly how the fire and weather will behave.  You will be able to get updated fire information at Kennedy Meadows.

L-Rod