[pct-l] Go for dirtygirlgaiters

Richard Hunt rtjhunt at comcast.net
Wed Jun 18 21:10:05 CDT 2008

The absolute best gaiters that keep the grit and dust out of your
shoes are dirty girl gaiters.  They weigh just 1 oz and are attached
on the back of the shoe with some velcro hooks.  I add some 1/2
staples into the shoe on each side of the velcro strip attached to the
heel  and bend over the prongs to prevent contact with my heel.  Some
add a grommet on the back of the gaiter and small screw on the back of
the shoe instead. The front of the gaiter has a hook that you attach
to the front laces.  I got the Pink Floyd style.  Pick your own from
their many choices.  They cost less than  $15 per pair.

Here is their website:

http://www.dirtygirlgaiters.com/

Hoov