[pct-l] footgear

David J Thibault David_J_Thibault at raytheon.com
Wed Jun 18 20:21:54 CDT 2008

google dirty girl gaiters

Day-late    PCT09 (I hope)

Message: 7
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 08:34:20 -0700 (PDT)
From: Carolyn Clark <dr_carolyn at yahoo.com>
Subject: [pct-l] footgear
To: pct-l at backcountry.net

We'll be hiking?from?Castle Crags to?Crater Lake mid-July to mid-
August.? I was planning to wear trail runner shoes.? Given this year's?
lingering snowpack,?should I wear?boots instead?? (I have?Reynaud's
syndrome, so I'm prone to getting cold toes; I already have frostbite
on one toe from a previous adventure.)
Also, I've been looking for extremely lightweight gaiters to keep?out
gravel and thistles.? I hike in shorts, so duct tape won't do. I've
checked REI as well as local running stores but can't find anything
lighter than 8 oz.?Any suggestions where I can find some?
"Paperclip"
Carolyn

Rick Thalhammer
rickt at macnexus.org