[pct-l] Washington Snow

Andrea Dinsmore zaqueltooocool at gmail.com
Mon Jul 21 15:27:08 CDT 2008

We have had 3 hikers complete the area between Steven's Pass and Snoqualmie
Pass (south bound) a couple days ago. They said that the first 15 miles of
the trail after leaving Steven's Pass had deep snow but was passable. The
last 15 miles before Snoqualmie Pass they 3 hikers need to use their ice
axes. The Snotel site says there is no snow. But away from the reporting
station there is still a lot of snow. Especially in the shaded areas. If you
depend on the Snotel site and the Post Holer charts you will get into
trouble in our area. You north bound hikers.....as you pass the south
bounders make sure and pick their brains as to what is actually on the real
trail.

PCT MOM