[pct-l] First Message

Steve Scoles eagleye at gmail.com
Wed Jul 9 19:36:10 CDT 2008

I am planning to start at the Locks on July 28, heading north.  I will bring
my chainsaw and clear the way for you and the descending hoard of
thru-hikers.  You will probably catch up to me before too long, as I plan a
few zeros and a pace that allows me to see more than a blur of trees and
rocks.  Maybe about 5 - 6 weeks to go through Washington.
It is finally looking like summer here and the snow is melting!
Hope to see lots of you on the way through this, my beautiful home state.

Coyote Steve
Whidbey Island, WA

Ps I will need to take some stove fuel from each of you to keep the chainsaw
going.