[pct-l] On/Off-trail behaviors

AsABat AsABat at 4Jeffrey.Net
Tue Jul 8 21:32:38 CDT 2008

If they were at ADZ they couldn't miss education on on- and off-trail
behavior, as it was everywhere - even in the restrooms where
Switchback's prose was taped to the wall of every toilet stall and above
every urinal. At the water talk I spent a lot of time talking about
etiquette, keeping water sources clean and caches tidy, behaving in
town, and telling everyone exactly what they are entitled to as
thruhikers: A comment like "Wow, that's awesome!" and nothing more.

Of course, in other venues I've been involved in, I've learned that
those that need to hear it the most either don't show up for the talk or
read the literature, or think it applied to everyone else but
themselves, because they are so special.

AsABat

Maybe a