[pct-l] (no subject)

jomike at cot.net jomike at cot.net
Fri Jul 4 12:32:18 CDT 2008

I can't find any info saying otherwise, but just wanted to know if there were any trail or road closures affecting the PCT from Castle Crags to Seiad Valley. Any info anyone can give me on conditions in this section would be appreciated

Hwy 96 from I-5 to the coast was closed a few weeks ago. You still follow a pilot car but it's minimal slow down.

The fires in this area (other than the one east of Happy Cappy) are of no threat. To the best of my knowledge, smoke will be the issue on the "PCT from Castle Crags to Seiad Valley".

If I hear other wise, I'll post.
Okay, let's try again: there is NO pilot car being used on Hwy 96; there are 3 main fires totaling 9915 acres; no homes of buildings have been threatened in the Siskiyou Complex; it is 1/4 contained.

There are 13 fires in the Trinity Alps but they are over the line in Shasta Co (away from the PCT) and mainly between Hwy 3 and 299. my guess is you'll have some mighty smoke conditions.

Are there any thrus who have been through those locations and have a diary?

are we there yet