[pct-l] Bear Canister Controversy....''THE SOLUTION''

enyapjr at comcast.net enyapjr at comcast.net
Tue Jul 1 10:13:27 CDT 2008

JMT - I know you may be trying to inject a little humor to the list, again, but...

> Since the  ''Beer  Keg'' is bear proof,  our liquid calories would be
> safe and we would be in full compliance.

I don't see any beer kegs on the 'approved container' list...
(The "Bear Keg" does NOT come with a tap/pump, either!)
<http://www.sierrawildbear.gov/foodstorage/approvedcontainers.htm>...
You would NOT be in full compliance!

> We would not need water...

Sorry, it sounds good, but alcohol (yes, even beer) is a diuretic - NOT good for you while 'exercising'...
<http://www.webmd.com/content/Article/17/1676_51853.htm>...
IMHO and experience, dehydrated hikers have not been "jovial" whatsoever...
Save the beer drinking for town stops or maybe a can from trail 'magic' locations...   ;-)

Cheers!  Happy trails!!!
Jim / "PITA"