[pct-l] A backpack conundrum

RJ Lewis karmagurl at rainierconnect.com
Thu Jan 31 17:45:50 CST 2008

Joel,
  Honestly, I use Gregory Packs too...I own both the Deva 60 and
recently got the Jade 50 for my thru hike in 2009.  The Whitney is
definitely overkill unless you are hauling a large load. My
recommendation to "lighten up" but still keep some semblance of
framework around you would be the Gregory Z55 pack...or even the Baltoro
70 if you aren't ready to step down from a traditional pack. I cannot
use the "rucksack" types either- my back just won't allow it.
Realistically evaluate your gear and needs, and go from there....the
Gregory Z55 has a nice extension collar on top like my Jade 50 (the
female counterpart of the Z55)...and will hold just about anything you
wanna stuff in it, and it has a nice outside bucket pocket too for
wet/damp gear. Check it out. ;)

Peace,
KarmGurl