[pct-l] Headlamp picks/pans

Steel-Eye chelin at teleport.com
Wed Jan 30 17:41:38 CST 2008

Good afternoon, Len,

I use a Photon Freedom LED light weighing 0.263 oz.and about $15. on sale.
It has a string with a slide tensioner to fit around my head if I want to
use it that way.  I carry two of them, both white.  Every time I decide to
get a red one I remember that color takes a different battery so I stick
with the white.  One has the standard nose and the other has the "covert"
nose, which I prefer.  I didn't hike much at night, but I did start the day
quite early a few times.  The little Photon Freedom doesn't have enough
power to scorch all the weeds and insects for 80 yards around, but I found
it adequate to illuminate the trail.

Steel-Eye

0.263 oz.
LED light, Photon Freedom, with string