[pct-l] A backpack conundrum

hiker97 at aol.com hiker97 at aol.com
Wed Jan 30 14:12:51 CST 2008

Wheeeeeew writes: I so completely agree with using a pack with some suspension.? I can't imagine carrying a pack that rests on the shoulders instead of the hips.? I would be fatigued in no time.? I don't know how other hikers do it, even to save a lb or two off the pack weight.? Nicht!!!!
Switchback replies: Actually, with my Unified Field Theory of Backpacking and the new Ultra Light Plus (with waist pack) system that I invented, your pack is under 20 pounds almost on all occasions.? It carries very nicely without a hip belt.