[pct-l] A backpack conundrum atmos 35

Shutterbug steiner shutterbugg313 at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 30 10:56:54 CST 2008

The Atmos 35 is what I used for my section hike in 06 Kennedy Meadow to Dunsmuir.  I used a Ursack with the aluminum and maxed out with a ten day resupply.  This maxed out the pack coming out of Kennedy Meadows and I often had things hanging on the outside.  I like how the pack rides but probably would have been more content with the 50.  I like the small pack because it forced me to get rid of the excess weight.  On a thru hike this is a good NONCOTTAGE industry like pack that compromises at the proper places -  nice size but good suspension.

  SB

Joel Ramey <joel.ramey at gmail.com> wrote:
    Well, I guess I'll be looking more into getting something like a ULA circuit or conduit for this trek.

  Has anyone done the Sierra's with something as small as an atmos 35? I don't have a store around with one, so I cannot play with it myself to see how it is, but is there a strap on top to lash a bear can to? I think I might be able to fit the rest of my stuff in the pack, don't know how much I could get in there in the way of food though.