[pct-l] The night of helpful hints continues...............

G. Lowe aka Wheeew gailpl2003 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 29 22:43:48 CST 2008

Hey All!

I can't seem to help myself tonight.  Here's something else you may not know.  You can go to Consumer Reports website online, and join for a month for $5.95.  There is no further commitment required.  You use it for the month to research whatever you want, then cancel it.  You can do this as many times as you want.  I do it once or twice a year when I need to consider big ticket items.  I signed up again a couple days ago to research which cameras have the highest ratings, features, weights, prices, etc. They also narrow purchases down to a couple "CR Best Buys", in any given category.   Very helpful......I now have a pretty good idea which camera I'll purchase for my hike.  Just keep track of your sign up date, so you know when to cancel, otherwise they'll keep taking the $ out of your account.  I don't think they do any indepth studies for hiking gear, but we have a lot of sites for that.  I have been VERY happy with CR reviews.  I traditionally buy my new cars, washers,
 dryers, etc.,  based on their reviews.  And they won't drive you crazy when you quit either.  Good service IMO.

-Wheeew-
www.trailjournals.com/wheeew/
---->MexiCan----> 2008