[pct-l] Gossamer Gear packs anyone?

Eric Payne vaporjourney at gmail.com
Sun Jan 27 11:29:43 CST 2008

Does anyone have any experience using a Gossamer Gear pack on a
long-distance hike?  Nearly all of the reviews I've read are by people who
take them out for the occassional weekend.  I have read a few accounts by
people taking them on long hikes, and saying that eventually the seams give
out when you max out the pack, and the mesh has a tendancy to tear.  This is
frustrating because the Miniposa seems like the perfect pack for me, but I
hesitate to buy the pack knowing that it will probably give out on me when
carrying heavy water loads or 10 day resupplies through the Sierra's.
Perhaps someone has experience to the contrary?