[pct-l] Fuel for woodstove in socal?

Home jeffreyn at sonic.net
Sat Jan 26 14:38:55 CST 2008

Can't talk about the desert, but in the Sierra often you'll find a fire
prohibition above 9,000 feet.  Oftimes the trail is above that elevation
for miles and miles and miles.  I suspect the issue isn't fire danger, but
quite the opposite:  the consumption of fuel found scarcely when above
that elevation.  How are you going to convince the ranger you got the fuel
miles back down the trail, and why would you want to haul it that distance
anyway?  But the rule isn't no consumption of fuel obtained above 9,000
feet, it's no fires above 9,000 feet.

--
Jeffrey "57" Zimmerman
Sonoma County