[pct-l] Pocketmail composers out of stock??

Michael Applegate mangofence at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 25 20:34:15 CST 2008

Hello all,

First, thanks to all who contributed their alternatives to using Pocketmail as a reliable journaling tool.  I truly hope that someone will benefit from that discussion.

As it turns out, you may be able to get a composer from the pocketmail website after all.  I went ahead and ordered one on January 22 or 23, ignoring the fact that the button to continue the purchase said "OUT OF STOCK".  Once I entered all of my personal and credit card information and clicked "confirm purchase", it sent me to the usual interim "confirming your purchase" screen, which sat there and reloaded itself about every 30 seconds for about 20 minutes.  Nothing ever popped up telling me that the order was confirmed.  I was actually quite worried that our credit card info was all over the internet or something.  Finally, I ended up just hitting the stop button on Internet Explorer and closing the browser, giving it up as a lost cause.

Well, guess what showed up in the mail today?  Our brand new, silver coloured Pocketmail composer!  It was a very pleasant surprise.  I'm not sure if anyone is willing to risk it, but if you really want a new pocketmail composer, it may just work out after all, despite what the website says and what I've been told on the phone.  Who knows, maybe we even got the last one.

~Mike (& Kat),
PCT 2008 hopefuls and now "composer-ed" up :)