[pct-l] Umbrellas

Steel-Eye chelin at teleport.com
Tue Jan 22 14:45:20 CST 2008

Good afternoon, All,

I thought seriously about using an umbrella in parts of SoCal, and I'm sure it would have been a great piece of mobile shade, but I use hiking poles and I've not yet seen a hands-free device which I believe could resist the wind.  In the Mojave around Cottonwood Creek I remember reporting that I had to lean into the wind and push hard with my poles to go downhill.

Steel-Eye

^^^^^^^^^^  Serious hikers gather at:  http://www.aldhawest.org/  ^^^^^^^^^^