[pct-l] Trail Journals- Donna's post

Freiman, Paul pfreiman at ucsd.edu
Sun Jan 20 14:15:12 CST 2008

I'm a bit slow to react to this one, but I am distressed by Donna's post in which she said to not include other hikers in your journal.  THAT is exactly what I am looking for.  I want to know how everyone is doing.  Not everyone keeps journals and it is nice to know you passed them.  Last year I heard about "the stalker" story and I stopped asking about any women on the PCT.  But my gosh, the ladies kept their journals 2 weeks to a month behind and there just didn't seem to be any flow between the journals.  I wanted to see how my friends were doing and I couldn't.  There has to be some compromise to this.
Capt Bivy