[pct-l] resupply distances

Roger Carpenter rogercarpenter at comcast.net
Mon Jan 14 17:16:54 CST 2008

My approach in 1996 (pre-kickoff days) was to hike about 5 miles from Campo
the first afternoon / evening and camp in the brush away from the trail.  I
heard border crossers walking the trail overnight but they never saw me.
The next day I camped in Lake Morena, and the day after that I reached Mt
Laguna.  I felt safe the entire time.  Camping in Hauser Creek area is
probably a mistake if you want to avoid being seen by anyone.

Roger Carpenter