[pct-l] How do you measure up?

Bob Bankhead wandering_bob at comcast.net
Sun Jan 13 11:07:17 CST 2008

Marks? I don't need no stinking marks!

The only time I need to "measure" water is for re-hydrating my freeze-dried dinners. I've memorized the approximate level at which that amount of water fits into my cup. If I ever want more or less water, I just use my Mark-1 Eyeball and make the adjustment, up or down. Works every time. Prescision to the nearest 1/4 ounce is not needed.

You say you need increments of one cup (8 US fluid ounces)? Either carry a container that holds just that amount or memorize how full it is with one cup of water in it.

Let's not over-engineer things, folks.

Wandering Bob