[pct-l] Bring a man

cvano at tmail.com cvano at tmail.com
Sun Jan 13 10:23:41 CST 2008

Bill, you forgot to mention a few important things about real men; a
real man like me for instance.

A real man can enjoy a mean cup of your coffee seamingly with gusto.

A real man can fall to someone else's cooking with reckless abandon.

A real man can secret the last Snickers bar deep within his tummy in
less than 3 minutes should you be accosted by any Trail Pirates.

A real man will let you keep him warm at night.

A real man will give you guidance and tips when setting up your tent,
wondering which way to go, etc.

A real man will let you know when a bear is attacking your Bearvault.

A real man will always say 'Yes Dear' at appropriate and/or random times
when ever you feel like talking.

A real man is hard to find, but there may be one or two on this list
besides myself who would make an ultimate sacrifice of themselves and
volunteer their services....

And I'm not even in cahoots with Switchback.. Yet!

On Sun, 13 Jan 2008 7:58 am, Bill Batchelor wrote:
> Even after all the stories and statistics...  I still say bring a man.
> Bring a MAN.   Come on girls, JUST BRING US!  We know were not good for
> much (most of our attributes are based on clever marketing - no
> substance).  We just want to go along!    Just look at me (imagine me
> now - standing up by the keyboard in my old robe, hair not combed,
> unshaven, waiting for my first cup of coffee).   THIS specimen of a man
> would offer less protection than a one foot wide cotton tarp in a gail
> storm, but he can purify water and read a map (cheats with GPS on
> occasion).
>
> We just want to go.  Okay?
>
> Pink Gumby
It's not the Mountains that we conquer,
but Ourselves.  Sir Edmund Hillary 1919-2008

Ol' Three Toes aka Chris
S/V Drifter ~~~_/)~~~
Anacortes, WA.