[pct-l] Worst marked sections

Jeffrey Olson jolson at olc.edu
Thu Jan 10 15:35:20 CST 2008

Having hiked 2/3rds or so of the trail, the worst section I've run into
was south of Lassen in 1992.  Logging destroyed a quarter mile of
trail.  You're hiking along in old growth forest and all of sudden the
wrath of the machine age stopped us in our tracks.

My girlfriend was an excellent map reader and led us to the path within
100', but if it had been me, I'd've been struggling for an hour -
heading sse rather than ssw.

Other than coping with snow, what are some of the worst marked sections,
where it isn't spaciness that gets you lost, but the trail actually
disappears???

Jeff, just Jeff....