[pct-l] how well marked are the first several sections?

Steel-Eye chelin at teleport.com
Thu Jan 10 15:27:14 CST 2008

Good afternoon, Shay,

With few exceptions, I found the SoCal PCT to be both readily apparent and well marked.  The one exception I remember is in certain portions in the Mojave between Cottonwood Bridge, mile 534.8, and the Tehachapi-Willow Springs Highway, mile 558.3.  That area had been heavily used by dirt-bikers who both cross and follow the PCT.  There were lots of signs where the more well-used bike trails cross, but many of them were down.  I hiked that area a bit earlier than most of the crowd so there weren't many footprints to follow.  It wasn't a real problem, just an aggravation that required some scouting.

Steel-Eye

^^^^^^^^^^  Join other hikers at:  http://www.aldhawest.org/  ^^^^^^^^^^