[pct-l] Goin' Cuben

Deems losthiker at sisqtel.net
Wed Jan 9 19:17:42 CST 2008

Cuben fabric is potentially the greatest next step forward in the ultralight
backpacking experience. When Silnylon came on the market, the weight dropped
incredibly upon our backs. At the 2007 ALDHAwest gathering, Ron Moak showed
us an incredible two man and a one man shelter made with Cuben fabric, and I
wanted one!! I'm very interested in this current focus upon backpacking gear
using Cuben fabric. The on-trail testers, as in the past, will be any of us
willing to buy the latest cutting edge gear built in the garages and shops
by the same ingenious hikers we've met on the trail. Take a chance, and buy
a piece of Cuben gear, take it out, test it, report the good and bad, and
help further this continuing technological enlightening of our wilderness
experience!!