[pct-l] sleeping bag question and walking meditation

Brian Forestell briandid at telusplanet.net
Tue Jan 8 19:18:38 CST 2008

Heh All

I am looking for a new sleeping bag.  The one I have is rated for 30 but man oh man I am cold at that temperture.  What I am thinking of is a Feathered Friends Swift.  It weighs in at 2 pounds and is rated at 20 degrees.  It comes in three different fabrics  Epic, event and Flite.  Just a few questions.  Does anyone have any experience or comments about these three fabric options?  Secondly, I am happy to here from other gear heads about other options for down bags.   Thanks in advance for any advice anyone wants to offer.

My unsolicited advice for the day is, in my respectful opinion, one of the best training approaches for long distance backpacking is to practice walking meditation.  If you are going to spend 5 months on the trail you might as well pay attention and be in the moment for those five months.

Trouble