[pct-l] VVR

mark v allemande6 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 8 17:25:41 CST 2008

I'm one who had a bad experience at VVR.  The ferry
operator screwed up and turned us away.  (Later, the
owner said we were nowhere near the weight limit but
the operator didn't know.)  So we walked in, and
walked out (SOBO) on the Bear Ridge Trail, which was
in fine condition.

Anyway, the real reasons why we had a bad experience
were that there was no room at the free bunkhouses,
only 2 dinner choices remained on the menu, there were
very noisy, swearing, and frankly disgusting
misogynistic people keeping us awake all night, and
the reselling of hiker box supplies that they do made
us feel like the proprieters were simply cheats.

Just one party's opinion.  I don't doubt it's possible
to have a good time there.