[pct-l] UHT treated milk!

Patrick Beggan meta474 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 15:56:13 CST 2008

http://www.diversifiedfoods.com/DFI_BordenUHTmilk.htm

I know I often get the craving on the trail for actual milk (milk
powder is okay but sometimes you want real milk for whatever reason).
I'd like to carry a carton of this and a couple bags of cereal some
time on the trail... A big bowl (pot, most likely, on the PCT :P ) of
honey nut cheerios with some UHT milk would be so good in the
backcountry. Glad I remembered the cartons of milk I used to see that
had a shelf life of 9ish months, or else my fantasy would never be
capable of coming true!

Anyone ever use any UHT milk on the trail? Granted its heavy (since
its not powder) but a single carton of this wouldn't be too bad to
satisfy that craving in the backcountry. all I'm wondering if I'm not
seeing UHT through rose-colored glasses... it has been about ten years
since I had any.