[pct-l] Legal Ponderings......

Greg Hardwick gahardwick at cox.net
Sun Jan 6 12:29:14 CST 2008

Something to ponder.  MySpace is an incredibly popular site.  All sorts of private things are posted for "friends only"  and public if one wishes.  Myspace is owned by Murdoch (FOX, NY Times, etc).  Anything posted on Facebook is property of Murdochs empire.  They have vast storage and backup capabilities.

http://www.businessweek.com/technology/content/jul2005/tc20050719_5427_tc119.htm

I got this info from a legal seminar on google and leagality of background checks based on internet searches.  Many companies use Facebook and Myspace to check out applicants.